Do you find vacuum sealers interesting? You should consider investing in one; they are worth your money.
Vacuum sealers are a few kitchens or household devices that are underrated. In fact, not every household has it. Even so, vacuum sealers are worth investing in, and here are the reasons to:
Reason #1: It helps extend the life of the food
One of the essential reasons to have a vacuum sealer is to extend the shelf life of the food you store. According to the experts, vacuum-sealed food inside the freezer may last up to 2 years, while food stored conventionally inside the freezer in other methods, may only take up until 6-12 months. Meanwhile, vacuum-sealed foods inside the fridge may last from 1 up to 2 weeks, while food without proper storage inside the fridge may last 1-3 days.
In other words, vacuum-sealing foods can extend the food’s shelf life 3 – 5 times than the conventional way of storing food such as in plastic or glass containers.
Reason #2: It helps preserve food better
Food, if not stored properly, even inside the fridge or freezer, may harbor bacteria, causing harmful effects on health.
Vacuum sealing can help preserve the food better. It deprives the food of oxygen that triggers a chemical reaction, contributing to the growth of bad bacteria and mold. Also, vacuum sealing helps keep your food fresh.
Reason #3: It is convenient and cost-effective
Keeping your food inside a vacuum-sealed bag is convenient and cost-effective. How?
- It provides enough space inside your fridge since you won’t be using too many big plastic containers.
- It is easy to organize food inside the fridge.
- It is easier to make portions; making dinner fast and convenient.
- It saves you time since making portions that you need for cooking are done and well-preserved inside a vacuum-sealed bag.
- It is easy to seal and save left-over for the next meal; helping eliminate food waste.
- Vacuum sealing food helps reduce food spoilage and or food waste; thus, helping you save money.
- Resealing chips made easier and better.
But which vacuum sealer should you choose?
There are several types of vacuum sealers, choosing one can be confusing since most of the recommendations you’ll hear are a bit expensive. Fortunately, there are well-built vacuum sealers that are less expensive. And if you are looking for the best vacuum sealer, you should consider the following:
- Does it have to be automatic or if it is manual?
- What accessories do you need?
- How often will you be using the vacuum sealer?
- Does it have to have storage space for cutters?
- What settings do you need?
- Does it have speed settings?
- How much are you willing to spend?
Choose a vacuum sealer with good reviews from customers by reading reliable review sites. Also, consider a sealer with a starter kit.
Is a vacuum sealer worth purchasing? With its benefits, having one at home is worth it. However, to make most of what you purchase, invest in one that is built with quality.