Induction cooking is one of the biggest technologies that you can find in the kitchen today, where more and more homeowners and food enthusiasts are converting to induction cooktops.
How does induction cooktops work?
An induction stove is designed with ceramic plate including an electromagnetic coil underneath it; when you turn on the stove the electric currents that run through the coil generates fluctuating magnetic field that is directly transferred to iron-casted cookwares or any induction cookware. The transferred energy from the cooktop to the cookware is converted to heat.
One of the biggest advantages of investing an induction cooktop and cookware is its being energy-efficient and cost-efficient.
How energy efficient is it when you are using an induction stove?
Since the generated heat in induction cooking is produced faster and directly into the induction cookware, there is less energy wasted. In fact, according to the experts, it is easier and faster to boil an egg using an induction stove compared to a gas or electric stove.
The primary advantage of using an induction stove is the benefit of fast cooking. The energies produced are transferred directly into the metal pots or pans and any induction cookware, which heats up the induction cookware faster than the traditional medium in cooking; thus, this saves you time and money when cooking.
Most of the induction cooktops are energy efficient – a fact that something to be proud of. According to the research done by the US Department of Energy, the induction cooktop or stove is 84 percent energy efficient than 74 percent with the electric cooking stove. If you check this power consumption differences between induction and electric cooktops, you’ll understand more why using an induction stove is energy efficient than the gas or electric stove.
Other than being energy efficient, the induction stove offers several advantages, this includes the following:
• It is safer to use induction cooktops than using gas or electric stoves.
• The induction cooktop is easier to clean than using the gas-based stoves; all you need to do is take a slightly wet sponge with you and wipe the mess.
• There is a sustainable and constant heat when you use induction cooktop.
However, not everything about induction cooktops is beneficial; there are drawbacks too. For instance:
• Investing in an induction cooktop can be costly – Everyone knows that induction cooktops or stoves are expensive; plus, you have to pay more for specially designed cookware.
• You have to look for the right cookware – When you invest on induction cooktops, you also need to invest for a specially designed cookware, which can be confusing since there are numbers of cookware in the market today. Nevertheless, to make your induction cooking work, look for these types of induction cookware:
o Stainless steel cookware
o Carbon steel cookware
o Cast iron cookware
Even with these drawbacks, it is still smart to convert to induction cooking; it is safe to cook, it easier to clean, it offers sustainable heat, and most importantly, it is energy efficient and cost efficient too.